These suggested rides take you off the beaten path, through our friendly towns and into the heart of our area. There is a place to stop, something to do, and definitely things to see on every route. We know you will find southern West Virginia as Wild and Wonderful as we do! Ride on!
Beckley WV Loop: 129 miles
- From Beckley, WV, travel I-77 N to exit 48, Rt. 19 (toll 3 miles)
- Follow Rt. 19 N to Hico (26 miles), follow signs to Rt. 60 W
- Take Rt. 60 W to Gauley Bridge (16 miles), then to Montgomery (11 miles)
- Take Rt. 61 N to Marmet (18 miles), then Rt. 94 S to Racine (10 miles)
- From Racine take Rt. 3 E to Whitesville (18 miles), then to Glen Daniel (27 miles)
- Continue on Rt. 3 back to Beckley WV.
Summersville Dam and Highland Scenic Hwy Ride: 195 miles
- From Fayetteville, WV take Rt. 19 N to Summersville (23 miles),
- Take Rt. 39 E toward Richwood (23 miles), continue on Rt. 39 E to Cranberry Visitors Center (23 miles),
- Get on Rt. 150, Highland Scenic Highway and follow to Rt. 219 S (23 miles),
- Take Rt. 219 S to Marlinton then on to Lewisburg (42 miles),
- Take Rt. 60 W to Hico (53 miles), From Hico; take Rt. 19 back to Fayetteville, WV (8 miles)
For area lodging, our New River cabin rentals are convenient to great touring, affordable, and loaded with all the right amenities (hot tubs, fireplaces, grills, decks, secure parking, full kitchens, etc.!) Summer is here!